Blogging Nate

Monday, March 13, 2006 *** 9:16 pm *** 6 lbs, 6 oz *** 18 3/8 inches Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Week 31 - 3D/4D Ultrasound

Some smart-mouthed office worker at my OB's office balked when I inquired a few weeks ago about the costs of the 4D Ultrasound. "Um, it isn't really 4D unless you bring a video 'cause "time" is like the 4th dimension and stuff. What you really are asking me about is the 3D Ultrasound". I was impressed by her astute knowledge of basic high school physics and was silently appreciative of her commitment to accuracy.

So when I called to make the appointment for the 3D ultrasound, as so instructed by Ms. Hawking, another smart-mouthed office worker further corrected me. "Um, ma'am we don't offer 3D Ultrasounds. I think you might actually mean the 4D Ultrasound."

Uh, seriously... These two must work as a team. The other one must be listening in on the other line busting up.





The item he is snuggled up to in these last two pictures is my right pubic bone. Our first look of him was with his hands up by his face. After a little impromptu Yoga floorwork (thanks Crunch Mama Yoga!) and some no-so-gentle encouragement from the technician's wand, he moved his hands from his face promptly to his crotch.



We saw him yawn and swallow. Despite having eaten a Snickers bar and a full sugar caffeinated Coke, all this child wanted to do was nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger