Blogging Nate

Monday, March 13, 2006 *** 9:16 pm *** 6 lbs, 6 oz *** 18 3/8 inches Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Week 35 - What's Going On in There?

Not my first internal exam, but technically the first one that matters, in that my doctor should observe some cervical changes in the next few weeks. I had to have internal exams during my second trimester to ascertain the quality of my cervix, so I had some idea of what to expect. Internal exams are uncomfortable and they do hurt. If your doctor tells you that what he's doing doesn't or shouldn't hurt, remind him that he is a man and doesn't have a cervix. If your ob is female and says this, I have no snippy reply, but rest assured she is not human. I would describe the after exam feeling as "bruised" and this discomfort does last for several days. You may bleed or even lose your all or part of your mucus plug after this type of exam.

The Baby has dropped!

My OB's exact words were "This is a low kid!". He said he would be amazed if I went to my due date and said the kid would probably be here at least 1-2 weeks early, but could be here anytime. I have been begging for this to happen and am truly astonished that all I have to do is wish for something and it comes true. I've decided to start making a list of things I want, because apparently my mind is very, very powerful.

Dilation: 1 cm
Effacement: 80%
Station: -3
Baby's Position: Head Down

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger