Blogging Nate

Monday, March 13, 2006 *** 9:16 pm *** 6 lbs, 6 oz *** 18 3/8 inches Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 21, 2005

In the beginning...

After experiencing several anovulatory, yet regular (28-29 day) cycles on and off of Clomid (50 mg) I sought the expertise of an Endocrinologist. My Day 21 or Day 24 Progesterone levels ranged from 2.8 - 7. Doctors like to see progesterone above 12 to indicate successful ovulation.

I also did basal body temperature charting for several months and had consistent temperature changes on day 18 or 19.

I was given a 3 Hour Thyroid Function Test to measure the TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) in my blood. It was found that I have Hyperprolactinemia due to a small benign tumor in the pituitary gland called a Microprolactinoma. Too much Prolactin can trick the body into thinking it is already pregnant and keep it from releasing a monthly egg. A drug called Dostinex taken every 3 days will control Prolactin levels and stimulate monthly ovulation.

June - Started Dostinex Treatments

June 12 - LMP

June 16 -June 20 - 50 mg Clomid

July 3 (Day 22) - BBT Temp Change

July 5 (Day 24) - Progesterone = 9.3 - OB's nurse advises this is not high enough to indicate ovulation

July 17 (Day 36) - 8 Days Late - Pregnancy Test Looks Positive-ish

July 21 (Day 40) - 12 Days Late - Second Pregnancy Test Looks Positive! I can only assume my OB's lab is complete crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger